The following are the criteria on which a persons suitability for co-option will be considered;
Relevant knowledge, Education, Professional Qualifications & Training
• Sound knowledge and understanding of local affairs and the local community.
• Other requirements as appropriate
• A levels/Degree level and or
• Specific Vocational training or professional qualification (e.g. accountant, teacher, surveyor, architect) may be specified.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Ability
• Solid interest in local matters.
• Ability and willingness to represent the Council and their community.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
• Ability and willingness to work closely with other members and to maintain good working relationships with all members and staff.
• Good reading and analytic skills.
• Ability and willingness to work with the council’s partners (e.g. voluntary groups, other parish councils, principal authority, charities).
• Ability and willingness to undertake relevant training.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Knowledge of HR, procurement, contract management, financial control or risk management and compliance, public relations
• Experience of working in another public body or not for profit organisation
• Experience of working with voluntary and or local community/ interest groups.
• Basic knowledge of legal issues relating to town and parish councils or local authorities..
• Experience of delivering presentations.
• Experience of working with the media.
• Experience in financial control/budgeting
• Experience of staff management
• Ability and willingness to attend meetings of the council (or the meetings of other local authorities and local bodies) in the evening and events in the evening and at weekends.